Despite the employability programs put in place by the Togolese government to promote youth entrepreneurship, many of them still struggle to become self-reliant with their economic activities. Because they still lack the necessary knowledge for a good management of their companies. Conscious of this situation, the NGO ASTOVOT initiates for the second time the project of support to the entrepreneurship of the young people in order to give them necessary tools of management of their economic activities.
It is about supporting micro-projects of young promoters by giving them adequate tools to better manage their activities and make them more profitable.
At the end of the diagnosis, a project among the ten (10) projects studied can benefit from a financial support with a small envelope as at the first edition.
GOALS OF PROJECT
– List the micro-enterprises carried by young people in Kpalimé commune and select ten (10) who are in difficulty;
– Conduct studies of organizational diagnosis in selected companies;
– Restore the results of the diagnoses made;
– Organize an exchange workshop and presentation of tools for effective management of micro-enterprises in the presence of selected young entrepreneurs;
– Promote cultural and skills exchanges between participants and volunteers;
– Information and training of volunteers on the progress of the project;
– Census and selection of ten (10) micro-enterprises (field survey);
– Conducting organizational diagnostics for the ten (10) selected micro-enterprises;
– Analysis and reporting of diagnostic results;
– Organization of training workshops for young managers of selected micro-enterprises
– Monitoring and evaluation of the project
Housing conditions are generally primitive.
The volunteers will be housed together in the same house with several rooms (usually 2 to 4 rooms) and will live near the project site. Housing will be provided with plastic mats or straws but volunteers can however provide small inflatable mattresses or small floor mats (no bed), sleeping bag, mosquito nets etc. The kitchen will be organized by the volunteers themselves.
Volunteers will cook and eat together their meals. In the kitchen, they will use the local products. There are many various vegetables and fruits in location, so vegetarian and vegan diets can be continued. NB: Clean drinking water available.
Internet access and electricity are limited according to the areas of intervention of the projects.
Apart from the activities to be carried out on the building site, you can enjoy walks, meetings with the particularly welcoming population, organize parties and excursions to visit the surrounding villages.
Created in 1957, the NGO Togolese Association of Volunteers at Work (ASTOVOT) is one of the first Togolese associations. As a non-profit layman, ASTOVOT has been supporting international solidarity initiatives for a number of decades, as well as the self-promotion of grassroots communities through local development projects. Today, it remains a great reference in terms of international volunteering and civic service in Togo. Each year, the NGO ASTOVOT receives dozens of volunteers from European countries (Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Spain, Luxembourg…) and also from Asia (Japan) thanks to its partnership with several organizations working in the field of international volunteering and civil service. With a staff of six (6) people within the Coordination, the Togolese Association of Volunteers at Work (ASTOVOT) is an association of International Volunteering and Local Development with the objective of:
– Contribute to the animation of the life by the participation of the Togolese and foreign volunteers to the realization of the works of general interest;
– Contribute to improving the living conditions of local populations by promoting their development and well-being by safeguarding the ecological, socio-cultural, educational and health environment;
– Promote the movement of people and goods through international and intercultural exchanges;