• Planting 3 acres of different species of trees.
• PreparaAccommodation:tion of 5 Tree Nursery Beds.
• Tree Potting
• Rising of Tree Nursery Shades.
• Making composite manure pits.
• Carrying organic manure to plants / gardens.
• Planting food crops and vegetables in the trees.
• Accommodation will be on the farms site,
• Participants will be required to carry own sleeping bags, nets and mosquito nets
• The campsites has Latrines not toilets,
• A simple cooking shelter (Kitchen
• The food is basic and simple. Be ready to take the same dish for some days in a row.
• Fruits can at times be availed for the campers from local markets.
• Participants will chose food to prepare depending on the availability.
• Work campers will use charcoal or firewood to prepare the meals.
• If you need more fruits/extra meals/special diet you can get at your own cost.
Ocea Village Odupi Sub-county in Arua District. Arua district is located in the West Nile region part of Uganda boarded by Southern Sudan and Cong.
• Visit Mt. Owati historical stones /Trees;
• Siripi Local market twice a month on Thursdays is also an experience.
Note: Cultural represented at the work camp. Please carry along anything that can introduce your culture.
Ocea Disabled Women’s Association owns a 12 acre piece of land at Ocea Village, Odupi Sub-county on which it has for long tested several Projects. Effective 2009. Women Group members decided to start on a campaign to put more than half of this land under tree cover.
In 2017 Ocea Disabled Women’s Association shall be committed to address the main challenges of environmental sustainability focusing on reversing of alarming distinction of trees as an environmental resource in order to contribute to a sustainable living and reverse the escalating weather challenges. Food security also remains a concern for ODWA and therefore it is planned to intercrop the trees with other food crops. It is expected that the weeding of these trees will be easier if at the same time weeding food crops. Its ODWA Members hope that this Project will become a demonstration project for Ocea Disabled Women’s Association in future and will become a distribution centre for tree seeding for the whole Odupi Sub-County Community.
• Open minded participants
• Ready to interact with other people of different cultural background.
• Positive attitude
• Willing to share his / her experiences
• Flexible to live / stay in simple living conditions
• Flexible to eat local food
• No experience needed
The volunteers must apply for a tourist visa online with this link. https://www.visas.immigration.go.ug/ . This should be done a couple of weeks or months before the departure date. The form requires you to fill in the address of the contact person in Uganda and you should use: ZZIWA SAMUEL MUSANYUSA, NANSANA WEST I ZONE, +256785601220. The immigration department sends you an approval document which you must print and present on arrival at the airport. The tourist visa costs 50 US $ and it is better to carry it in cash.