-Regular ground patrols and safari walk.
-Identifying animal species found within the area
-Identify and name indigenous plants and uses.
- Monitoring wildlife movement
-Experience Maasai way of life
- Control cattle grazing, milking and caring for cattle
-Maintain of manyatta houses
School teaching programme
-Teaching Arts, Designs & Drawings
-Playing football with girls and boys
- Playing other games with the children
-Planting of trees
Gardening and land scarping
Outreach programme in the local community.
Extra activities learning life skills bead work, cooking using fire wood, e.t.c
Ensure upkeep of the conservancy
Work with other stake holders in ensuring up keep of the conservancy.
Extra activities Bird watching for interested volunteers.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
• The volunteers stay in School classrooms in very basic conditions where there are no beds and electricity.
• KVDA will provide foodstuffs and volunteers will cook their own meals in turns.
• Volunteers have an obligation to climb down the level of the people with the aim of exposure to development challenges.
• Water is available from springs and it is recommended that drinking water should be boiled or medicated.
• Mineral water available at supermarkets is also recommended.
Locatie en vrije tijd
The project is located within Kilgoris township of Narok County, Kenya. The town has a population of 4500. Maasai are the prominent tribe in the area, though it is located near an area inhabited by the Gusii people. Some ethnic clashes have occurred between the tribes.
The locality provides perfect opportunity for volunteers who are interested in exploring nature blended with an aura of invincibility.
KVDA offers educational tours to spectacular sites including the renowned Maasai Mara Game Reserve at separate fees. Please contact us for specific tour information.
Below please find the outline of the tours offered:
-3-Day tour to Maasai Mara Game Reserve
-4-Day tour to Maasai Mara Game Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park
-4-Day tour to Amboseli National Park, Lake Naivasha and Maasai Mara Game Reserve
-4 day tour to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation in Tanzania
These tours can be conducted either before the project or at the end of the project and for volunteers with limited time over the weekends within the project.
In case you are interested in any of the above tours and other tailor made tours, please feel free to contact us for more information