• Rehabilitation of kakamega forest
• Jigger eradication
• Established nursing home
• Orphans support
• CHV support group
• Conduct mobile family planning clinics in hard to reach areas
Accommodatie en maaltijden
• The volunteers stay in School classrooms in very basic conditions where there are no beds and electricity.
• KVDA will provide foodstuffs and volunteers will cook their own meals in turns. Volunteers have an obligation to climb down the level of the people with the aim of exposure to development challenges.
• Water is available from springs and it is recommended that drinking water should be boiled or medicated.
• Mineral water available at supermarkets is also recommended.
Locatie en vrije tijd
The project is located within Kakamega county in western Kenya lying about 30 km north of the Equator. It is the headquarters of Kakamega County. The town has a population of 99,987. Kakamega is 52 km north of Kisumu, the third largest city in Kenya and a port city on Lake Victoria. The average elevation of Kakamega is 1,535 metres
The location is spectacular in many ways as it offers cultural diversity and adaptability to international circumstances.
KVDA offers educational tours to spectacular sites including the renowned Maasai Mara Game Reserve at separate fees. Please contact us for specific tour information.
Below please find the outline of the tours offered:
-3-Day tour to Maasai Mara Game Reserve
-4-Day tour to Maasai Mara Game Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park
-4-Day tour to Amboseli National Park, Lake Naivasha and Maasai Mara Game Reserve
-4 day tour to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation in Tanzania
These tours can be conducted either before the project or at the end of the project and for volunteers with limited time over the weekends within the project.
In case you are interested in any of the above tours and other tailor made tours, please feel free to contact us for more information