• Brick making
• Sporting with the pupils
• Home visits to touch base with development challenges
• Inter-cultural activities in partnership with local community members.
• The volunteers stay in School classrooms in very basic conditions
• KVDA will provide foodstuffs and volunteers will cook their own meals in turns. Volunteers have an obligation to climb down the level of the people with the aim of exposure to development challenges.
• Water is available from springs and it is recommended that drinking water should be boiled or medicated.
• Mineral water available at supermarkets is also recommended.
• There is electricity connection at the project and so the volunteers will be able to charge their electric appliances.
The volunteer have an opportunity to visit the legendary Equator point in Maseno located few Kilometers from the project, Kakamega Rain Forest located in the neighbouring county and Kisumu city located in the neighbouring county that is the gateway to the renowned Lake Victoria
• Esibila Primary School is located in Emuhaya district of Vihiga county and it was started in 1952
• The pupils learn a maximum of eight years in Primary School with the pupils examined in the following subjects; English, Mathematics, Science, Christian Religious Education, Kiswahili and social studies
• The school has ten classes from the Early childhood education to Primary School
• The school has an enrolment of 858 pupils, 440 girls and 418 boys
• The school has 17 teachers employed by the Teachers’ Service commission and two by the board of management.
• The student teacher ratio is 1:50
• The school has dilapidated blocks that are housing fifteen classrooms and the need urgent refurbishment
• The school requires a revamped sanitation system given the high number of students admitted at the institution
• The terrain at the school is rocky posing risks to pupils and especially those who are in lower classes and they is need to urgently address it through refurbishment
THEME: Quality Education
• It also aims to provide equal access to affordable vocational training, and to eliminate gender and wealth disparities with the aim of achieving universal access to a quality higher education.
• Quality education is one of 17 Global Goals that make up the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.