• Art work
• Women training on self-awareness and confidence building
• Women training on entrepreneurship skills and financial management
• Meetings and media campaign on women empowerment in leadership
• Home visits and topical discussion with the local people
Accommodatie en maaltijden
• The host community will provide a house to accommodate the volunteers with very basic living conditions.
• Volunteers have an obligation to climb down the level of the people with the aim of exposure to development challenges.
• KVDA will provide foodstuffs and volunteers will cook their own meals in turns.
• Water is available from springs and it is recommended that drinking water should be boiled or medicated.
• Mineral water available at supermarkets is also recommended.
• There is no electricity connection at the project but volunteers can charge their electric appliances at the nearest market center.
Locatie en vrije tijd
The project is located in Nyaramba of Nyamira County in the predominantly Gusii community
The volunteers have an opportunity to touch base with the host community while at the same time seizing the opportunity to see what nature provides with serenity and circumstance.
KVDA offers educational tours to spectacular sites including the renowned Maasai Mara Game Reserve at separate fees. Please contact us for specific tour information.
Below please find the outline of the tours offered:
-3-Day tour to Maasai Mara Game Reserve
-4-Day tour to Maasai Mara Game Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park
-4-Day tour to Amboseli National Park, Lake Naivasha and Maasai Mara Game Reserve
-4 day tour to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation in Tanzania
These tours can be conducted either before the project or at the end of the project and for volunteers with limited time over the weekends within the project.
In case you are interested in any of the above tours and other tailor made tours, please feel free to contact us for more information
PROJECT PARTICIPANTS: Maximum 20 volunteers from Kenya and the international community
What to carry?
This is outlined in the detailed info sheet and includes, sleeping bag and mat, toiletries, torch/flashlight, sandals, mosquito net, national flag from your country, among others
DONATION AND GIFTS:
These are usually symbolic gestures to enhance the solidarity of volunteers and the hosting community. Kindly contact KVDA for details in case you are willing to support a worthy cause in the community either by offering a donation or long-term intervention on the project.
THEME: Entrepreneurship skills training
-To train women on entrepreneurship skills and financial management
-To empower men, women and community leaders on leadership
-To build capacity of women on life skills and self-confidence
-Women training on self-awareness and confidence building
-Women training on entrepreneurship skills and financial management
-Meetings and media campaign on women empowerment in leadership
Activity 1: Young women aged 18 - 35
Activity 2: Young women aged 18 - 35
Activity 3: Young women aged 18 – 35
- Men aged 18-35
- Community leaders 35+
METHODS: Energizers, group discussions, group presentations, audio, videos, site visits, testimonies
a) Number of women have increased knowledge on entrepreneurship skills and financial management;
b) Number of women have started their own business
a) number of women and man having skills on leadership;
b) number of women competing for leadership positions;
c) number of women who are participating in community meeting
a) number of speeches to women in the community;
b) number of women taking local leadership roles in the community