Volunteer will stay at 2 different places
[WEEK 1] Japanese style house (25 July – 30 July)
Facilities: Bedding is provided (futon mattress), kitchen, toilet, bathroom with a bathtub, laundry machine, wi-fi. Volunteers take turns or work together to prepare meals using provided ingredients or budget for food.
Facilities: Bedding is provided (futon mattress), kitchen, toilet, shower room, wi-fi. Laundromat nearby.
Volunteers prepare for breakfast and dinner. Lunch is provided at childcare center.
Hiroshima city which has overcome and recovered from the tragedy of atomic bombing in WWⅡ is now the biggest city in Chugoku-Shikoku Region. Plenty of tourist visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, that you will never forget what you see. Hiroshima also has other historical spots such as Hiroshima castle and Itsukushima Shrine at beautiful MIYAJIMA of Seto Island Sea.
If you would like to visit Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe area, plan your trip after the project, you will not be able to go sightseeing those tourist spots during workcamp. A volunteer needs at least 10,000 JPY in cash if she/he wants to go sightseeing on free-day.
This is a joint project hosted by two organisations.
[Kouchi IVP Committee] Kouchi International Volunteer Project Committee is a volunteer group which provides opportunities for local children to communicate with people from foreign countries and experience cultural activities. This group takes over a project ‘Riverside Festival’ in Kouchi town organized by other NPO. In summer of 2018, a heavy rain storm hit the town and they had serious damages that that need a few years to recover. A doctor and a nurse in Kouchi Clinic took care of children to cure their mental health after the natural disaster by providing a place to play for children. This year they newly established Kouchi IVP Committee and keep the project goes on.
This year is 74th memorial year after the nuclear bombing were thrown in the city of Hiroshima in 1945. It is still recorded as first and remains the only time nuclear weapons were ever used in a war. On 6 August, the day of bombing, Peace Memorial Ceremony is held in Hiroshima and it has many visitors to memorialize the victims of the war and pray for peace. Volunteers will also attend the ceremony, which will be an opportunity to think of world peace.
– active attitude to interaction with children
– Interests and understanding of Japanese culture and social manner.
– Must submit a motivation letter or description of motivation in the application form. Please include your self-introduction, interests on the project, experience, motivation in English or Japanese (if possible).
– Submit a confirmation slip (Travel information) online after your application is accepted by CIEE Japan.
– Prepare for presentation on your home country and the situation of childcare in your country
– Should bring: Sleeping bag, long sleeve shirts and long pants, cotton gloves, a hat or a cap, water bottle, sports shoes, sunscreen, bath towels, facial towels, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, detergent for your laundry, anti-mosquito bites spray, medicine you need.
– Please pay attention on what you wear in from of children. Clothes which are too tight, transparent, too short, showing your underwear or private body are NOT ALLOWED.