• Building a small, compact learning center in the activity area to give space to kids to do activities together
• Growing edible vegetables in the local host’s planting area
• Making compost, taking care of paddy field or making bio-fertilizer
• Creating games and activities for pupils. There will be around 20-30 of kindergarten’s age
• Learning and integrating in the fisherman’s lifestyle
Volunteers will stay at the local people house. You will need to bring sleeping bag, a small mattress and a mosquito net for yourself. The living condition is very simple than you would think. You may find it completely different than in your country. There are basic toilets and showers and a kitchen where volunteers will cook by themselves.
The volunteers should be ready to stay in a remote area, to adapt to the local conditions with only basic facilities. Not many local people are able to speak English. Volunteers should be able to handle spontaneous working environment and constant changes in the plans.
Koh Sukorn is a preserved island of Andaman sea in South Thailand. During this work camp, we will have a chance to join hands with the community members to preserve the local agriculture while we can learn about their way of living. Moreover, we will be creating activities and games with children and young people to open their views and let them learn about international culture together with the volunteers. We will need your creativity and ideas of games and activities that will create a multi-cultural atmosphere for them. This year they want to build a small, compact learning center in the activity area to give space to kids to do activities together.