• Volunteers will live in with local communities’ struggling with gender based discrimination in local level. During live in, volunteers will be distributed into small groups of 2 -3 persons to live with host families.
• Discuss about peace and how peace education should be communicated for youth.
• Volunteers will create workshops to promote peace using non formal learning & participative methods and share it with students of local university.
• Volunteers will make writing/ visual captures of living in peace in doversty using their experiences living with local communities.
(1) In Volunteers House Semarang during study part and reflection part.
(2) Living with Host families during live in part, meals are self cooking together with host families. No bed. Need sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom.
Semarang City, Central Java, Indonesia https://goo.gl/maps/7TWXVYrQfxq
Peace education is always relevant to any time of the year and can be refelcted to any topic in our lives. This year is the second year GREAT organize an international worcamp dedicated to spread the message of peace using different perspectives that is important for everyone especially young people. Working together with one of our long term local partners that mostly work with our LMTVs, LRC-KJHAM, who has been working for women rights issue in Indonesia. This year we will address the issue in an international workcamp scheme in order to increase the awareness of the issue in local youth in Indonesia.
• Strong motivation and interest in non formal learning.
• Interested in gender issue and peace
• Familiar with article writing, short video making and social media
Weather can be up to 40 degree Celsius with 80% humidity. Less hygiene condition.