The task is divided into 2 times per day
In the morning from 8 – 10:30 working at CVI center
• Teaching English: Volunteers will work together to prepare games, topics, to interact with the children by telling English stories, organizing some mini games or extra activities in English for children in the class, such as: singing, drawing, drama performances, magic shows, ect
• Outside activities for children: take children to the city park and organize the team building activities
• Facilities renovating: Volunteers will play roles in supporting to clean and beautify the classroom, taking care of mini garden where the teachers plant some vegetable to add in their children’s meal-break.
In the afternoon from 2PM to 5PM working at Ky Quang Orphanage
• Interact with the disabled children who are suffering from suffering from cerebral-palsy, blindness or Down’s syndrome, Agent Orange.
• Help the nurses feed the children eating.
• Help the nurses some heavy work like: carrying the children from the dinning place to their beds.
Volunteers will stay at rental room which will be shared for all the volunteers.
Food will be served at local food stores. Vietnamese food is popular with rice and noodle soup. Let be ready
All volunteers will go by public bus, walking on foot from the accommodation to the project site. We will go and back from these 2 project sites, it will take you around 45 minutes, so be ready to get up early, and bring your hat/cap to protect you from the sun. The traffic in HCM City is always crowed (you can search for some pictures on google to see and be ready for that
Day off and holidays:
You will have free time during the evenings and the weekends to spend as you please. During those free moments you can travel to discover further wonders of Vietnam! Located in South Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City is the biggest city of the country with a population of ten million. The old name is Saigon which was considered as “la perle de l’Extrême-Orient”
To find out more about Ho Chi Minh City, you can refer to: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/vietnam/ho-chi-minh-city.
From HCM City, it is easy for you to either go down further to the south to discover Mekong area like Can Tho Ciy, Ben Tre City to see floating market, floating life, or go up further to the North to discover the Central part such as Mui Ne City to enjoy the ocean taste, or you can go to the highland area with surrounding by mountain and drink a cup of local coffee. You can find more information by following this link:
Solidarités Jeunesses Vietnam (SJ Vietnam) is an international youth NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) which aims at connecting international and Vietnamese volunteers to work with the most in-need communities. SJ Vietnam was set up in 2004 with the coordination of Mr. Piere de Hanscutter and Ms. Do Thi Phuc.
SJ Vietnam is a full member of CCIVS (Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service – UNESCO) and NVDA (Network for Voluntary Development in Asia). It is also a partner of YAP (Youth Action for Peace) and Alliance. International exchanges are managed exclusively within our network of Vietnamese and international partners. Up to now, SJ Vietnam has brought 6,000 volunteers worldwide and across the country to help the children and youngsters from low-income families access better education and proper treatment.
SJ Vietnam organises short-term and long-term voluntary projects. Its projects vary from environmental/ cultural protection and rural development to education, depending on the needs of the communities. The volunteers stay in a place to work, to improve the situation of the community and the society as well as to develop personal and professional competencies.
SJ Vietnam is an independent, non-political and non-religious organization open to everybody without any distinction of nationality, race, philosophy, financial resource, education or sex.