Background/Project: VIN’s Children Development Program not only focuses children’s education part, it also gives priority to sports. Due to its vast reach, unparalleled popularity and foundation of positive values, sport is definitely one of the greatest things man has ever created. It’s also a powerful tool that breaks down all the barriers and helps us feel good about ourselves, both physically and mentally. Sport is quite beneficial for children: by playing sports children develop physical skills, exercise, make new friends, have fun, learn to be a team member, learn about play fair, improve self-esteem, etc.
The enhancement of physical and mental development of children is certainly the most important contribution of sports, but the list of values your child may learn and acquire through sports does not end here. Other positive aspects are numerous, which reveals the true beauty of sport.
No other thing in life gives children such opportunity to develop positive character traits and to soak up many quality values as sports does.
Similarly, physical activity has an immense impact on not only children’s physical health and development but on their psychological health as well. Sport more specifically can have an even greater impact in these areas of growth while improving social skills in the process. Sport provides children with the perfect outlet to keep them active while having fun and learning valuable life skills.
There is truth in that sports bring people together. Seize the opportunity and share your love for sports, or a sport of your liking, with the children of Nepal. Football, volleyball and cricket are big in Nepal while other sports are only now beginning to take root. As a volunteer sports coach/teacher you would bring joy among the children.
• To teach or coach any sport to the children and develop the basic skills
• To enable children create friendships, teamwork and benefits for social interaction, help building positive self- esteem, and increasing feelings of physical and mental well-being in children.
Work and activities:
• Teach/coach different sports (football, volleyball, basketball, badminton or any other) to the children and teachers.
• Organize and conduct interschool sports events (indoor and outdoor) together with local staffs.
The volunteers will stay with the host family/hostel identified by VIN. The living facilities are simple and basic. Male and female volunteers will share the same living area with separate rooms. The volunteers sleep on simple beds / mattress. Please bring your sleeping bag.
VIN will take you to a half day cultural sightseeing. Either before, during or after your workcamp. VIN also organizes weekends travel tours to Chitwan Jungle Safari, Pokhara, Nagarkot at an additional cost if you are interested.
VIN is a non profit charitable volunteer organization based in Nepal founded in 2005. VIN’s mission is to empower marginalized communities through enhanced Education, Health, Income generation & Basic infrastructure programs with special focus on women and children by conducting training and research through mobilizing local and international volunteers to promote equality, economic well-being and basic human rights.We are also a member of international volunteer networks worldwide like CCIVS, NVDA, EU Volunteer ALLIANCE, FoVIN-NL, US, Australia. For detail please visit: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/
Basic English, Interested in working in group and with Children, Easily adaptable in local Environment, Flexible
Participation Fee: The participation fee is 200 Euros (+30 Euro for transportation), which is to be paid on arrival at VIN Office.
The Participation Fee Covers:
• Food and Accommodation: Nepali Standard at a local host family – 3 meals a day
• Transportation: Airport pick up and pick up and drop to the working community site
• Materials for the work-camp and community development projects support
• Local volunteers’ support cost
• VIN T-shirt, and certificate of participation
• 24 hours’ emergency support
• VIN admin cost.