The volunteer is expected to work as English teachers in the primary school. They can prepare their lesson by themselves, but the teacher at the school can give the advice (do not expect this point too much even the teachers are also shy to speak out).
Creative teaching English – Creative teaching is important to recognize; teaching certificate does not need for specific quality of the volunteer but creative is the one of yours. The aims of creative teaching are giving the chance for students in the school or the place nearby have the opportunity to communicate with different language, touch difference culture, and believing.
Teaching the English language by activity; using games, song, storytelling, art or performance to encourage them to communicate in English. The volunteer should create the game and activity for a student who is 7- 18 years old. We don’t expect the student can learn more about reading and writing, but we want the volunteer makes them dare to speak English at the beginning.
Agriculture work – The volunteer can learn how to plant the vegetables such as mushroom, morning glory, and another local vegetable, etc. in the school.
The volunteer will stay with a local host family and the teacher’s house in the school.
• Nature environment, basic and simple.
• Mattress, pillow, and fan are provided.
• Thai toilet and bath.
• No food and drinks except water in the sleeping area for your care because some animals such as the mouses, ants, will come to share your food.
• Please keep clean and tidy.
The volunteer expects to eat Thai food. A local host family will prepare the food for the volunteer.
(Tiger Cave Temple), and Ao Nang Beach.
The Emerald Pool – An Unseen Thailand in Krabi is a mineral pool in the forest.
Wat Tham Sua (Tiger Cave Temple) – It is one of the more interesting temple complexes in southern Thailand, as the monks live and worship within a maze of natural caves in an overgrown jungle valley.
Ao Nang Beach – The popular beautiful beach for tourist in Krabi
You can find more information at:
VSA1906 Intercultural and Language (ICL) Camp – Krabi, Ban Sapanpon School is a small school in Krabi province. It is the primary school where there are 60 -70 students who study in the school. Even though the school is located in Krabi where it is the tourist place, it is far from the destination; beach and the sea. Most local people don’t have a chance to learn about different culture and cannot speak English. It means the student in the school they don’t have the opportunity as well. This project is a good opportunity when the volunteer comes and shares the culture and language by doing an activity with a student in the school. The volunteer can motivate children to dare to speak English. Furthermore, the volunteer can teach them by your own language and learn the Thai Language. Learning and sharing the intercultural and language still are the main purpose. The volunteer can share and learn culture, language, and knowledge with the local community and children in school. Also, the volunteer will know more about Thailand during working in the local community.
In 2019, the project needs the volunteer, who is the most important of the part, to continue for developing the potential of a local community that the last volunteers did, to help children in school, and local community still practice the English language, to learn your own language, and to make them learn more about the different culture. Hopefully, the volunteer can motivate another student who lives around the village but studies another school where it is far away from the village to come back to study in this school. On the other hand, the volunteer also gets the opportunity to know local food, local transportation, local occupation and local culture with living in local habitation in the community. We believe that understanding several cultures can make the world be peaceful.
• Teaching clothes, every shirt needs to cover shoulders, trousers for men and skirt for women, the skirt should cover your knees. Important! No vest, blue Jeans, or shorts while teaching.
• Brogue shoes or canvas shoes, no slippers when teaching. Sandals with socks can comply.
• Medicine as necessary
• Mosquito repellant
• Your traditional music, costumes, food and drink for the intercultural night (cooking and performance)
• Materials or sources (brochures, maps, souvenirs, pictures, flags, or handicrafts to introduce about your country and culture).
• Sunglasses and sun-block cream
• Toilet paper (you can buy it at the shop in the village)
• Any interesting materials such as CDs, ideas for games/activities for students.
• Motivation, good humor, and communication skills
• Raincoat or umbrella (during rainy season)
Respect culture, open mind, and love to learn and share. The volunteer who has tattoo cannot join this project