The volunteer is expected to work as an English teacher in primary and high school. You can prepare the easy English lesson and useful conversation. The volunteer should open the mind, share a new experience with the students, and use your own experience for teaching and enjoying the game.
Creative teaching English – Creative teaching is important to recognize; teaching certificate does not need for specific quality of the volunteer but creative is the one of yours. The aims of creative teaching are giving the chance for students in the school or the place nearby to have the opportunity to communicate with different language, touch difference culture, and believing.
Teaching the English language by activity; using games, song, storytelling, art or performance to encourage them to communicate in English. The volunteer should create the game and activity for a student who is 7- 18 years old. We do not expect the student can learn more about reading and writing, but we want the volunteer makes them dare to speak English at the beginning.
The volunteer will stay at the school dormitory and the teacher’s house in the school.
• Nature environment, basic and simple.
• Mattress, pillow, and fan are provided.
• Thai toilet and bath.
• No food and drinks except water in the sleeping area for your care because some animals such as the mouses, ants, will come to share your food.
• Please keep clean and tidy.
The volunteer expects to eat Thai food. The school will prepare the food for the volunteer.
There are many beautiful tourist attractions in Sakon Nakhon province. We would like to recommend Phra That Narai Cheng Weng, Phu Phan National Park, and Wat Tham Pha Daen.
Phra That Narai Cheng Weng – The historical temple which is believed that women built it to compete to the men. Phu Phan National Park – The seventh national park of Thailand, in the past there was the battlefield in World War2. https://www.tourismthailand.org/About-Thailand/Destination/SakonNakhon
VSA1907 Education for Disadvantaged Children is created at Rajaprajanugroh 53 School where it is the school for disadvantaged and poor children in the countryside of Sakon Nakhon, Thailand.
Rajaprajanugroh 53 School is the school for disadvantaged and poor children in the countryside of Sakon Nakhon, Thailand. The school is under the royal foundation offers education, food and accommodation for the children who have no parents, the children from the poor family, and the children from the very remote area. They can come and stay at the school from the primary (7 years old) to high school (18 years old).
The volunteer can share and learn culture, language, and knowledge with the local community and children in school. Everyone can study about each country, nationality, culture, etc. in the real situation. The volunteer can see how the difference between people even they live in the same city. Moreover, the volunteers will know more about Thailand during working in the local community.
The great volunteers came to give the opportunity for children and the local people in the community. Many local people can improve their English skills through a group by a group of volunteer, or at least they try to speak the English language more. They dare to face and work with the foreigner even though they cannot speak English. Moreover, the volunteers have changed the local community. They used to stay lively and trustily with the foreigner. Local people have a chance to learn, accept, and adopt the ways of life with the new cultures from the volunteers who are like an intercultural ambassador.
• Teaching clothes, every shirt needs to cover shoulders, trousers for men and skirt for women, the skirt should cover your knees. Important! No vest, blue Jeans, or shorts while teaching.
• Brogue shoes or canvas shoes, no slippers when teaching. Sandals with socks can comply.
• Medicine as necessary
• Mosquito repellant
• Your traditional music, costumes, food and drink for the intercultural night (cooking and performance)
• Materials or sources (brochures, maps, souvenirs, pictures, flags, or handicrafts to introduce about your country and culture).
• Sunglasses and sun-block cream
• Toilet paper (you can buy it at the shop in the village)
• Any interesting materials such as CDs, ideas for games/activities for students.
• Motivation, good humor, and communication skills
• Raincoat or umbrella (during rainy season)
Respect culture, open mind, and love to learn and share. The volunteer who has tattoo cannot join this project