The volunteer is expected to work as an English teacher in primary and high school. You can prepare the easy English lesson and useful conversation. The volunteer should open the mind and share a new experience with the students, and use your own experience for teaching and enjoying the game.
Creative teaching English – Teaching the English language by activity; using games, song, storytelling, art or performance to encourage them to communicate in English. The volunteer should create the game and activity for a student who is 7- 18 years old. We don’t expect the student can learn more about reading and writing. but we want the volunteer makes them dare to speak English at the beginning.
The activity after school – because the students stay at the school dormitory, they always have extra activities after school. The volunteer can join them to make a more closed relationship. It will be a good opportunity to exchange a different culture.
The volunteer will stay at the school dormitory and the teacher’s house in the school.
• Nature environment, basic and simple.
• Mattress, pillow, and fan are provided.
• Thai toilet and bath.
• No food and drinks except water in the sleeping area for your care because some animals such as the mouses, ants, will come to share your food.
• Please keep clean and tidy.
The volunteer expects to eat Thai food. The school will prepare the food for the volunteer
There are many beautiful tourist attractions in Satun province. We would like to recommend Koh Lipe Island and Golden Dragon Beach.
Koh Lipe Island – A most popular island for the tourist in Thailand.
Golden Dragon Beach – It is a sand ridge beach in the middle of the sea for 4 kilometers, connecting between 2 islands. You can find more information at:
VSA1905 Education for Disadvantaged Children is created at Rajaprajanugroh 42 School where it is the school for disadvantaged and poor children in the countryside of Satun, Thailand.
Rajaprajanugroh 42 School is the school for disadvantaged and poor children in the countryside of Satun, Thailand. The school is under the royal foundation offers education, food and accommodation for the children who have no parents, the children from the poor family, and the children from the very remote area. There are 919 students that they can come and stay at the school from the primary (7 years old) to high school (18 years old).
The volunteer can share and learn culture, language, and knowledge with the local community and children in school. Everyone can study about each country, nationality, culture, etc. in the real situation. The volunteer can see how the difference between people even they live in the same city. Moreover, the volunteer will know more about Thailand during working in the local community.
The great volunteers came to give the opportunity for children and the local people in the community. Many local people can improve their English skills through a group by a group of volunteer, or at least they try to speak the English language more. They dare to face and work with the foreigner even though they cannot speak English. Moreover, the volunteers have changed the local community. They used to stay lively and trustily with the foreigner. Local people have a chance to learn, accept, and adopt the ways of life with the new cultures from the volunteers who are like an intercultural ambassador.
• Teaching clothes, every shirt needs to cover shoulders, trousers for men and skirt for women, the skirt should cover your knees. Important! No vest, blue Jeans, or shorts while teaching.
• Brogue shoes or canvas shoes, no slippers when teaching. Sandals with socks can comply.
• Medicine as necessary
• Mosquito repellant
• Your traditional music, costumes, food and drink for the intercultural night (cooking and performance)
• Materials or sources (brochures, maps, souvenirs, pictures, flags, or handicrafts to introduce about your country and culture).
• Sunglasses and sun-block cream
• Toilet paper (you can buy it at the shop in the village)
• Any interesting materials such as CDs, ideas for games/activities for students.
• Motivation, good humor, and communication skills
• Raincoat or umbrella (during rainy season)
Respect culture, open mind, and love to learn and share. The volunteer who has tattoo cannot join this project.