- Clay house building
- Agriculture (seeds conservation, planting, potting, caring, collecting, weeding, watering, composting…)
- Learning about food processing
- Sell vegetables or fruits from the garden at the green market.
- Learning how to make shrimp paste and natural tie-dye clothes.
- Activities with kids in the local small school.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
- We will cook meals together, suitable for vegetarians.
- Volunteers will stay at the school.
You will be in the middle of a Muslim village- the hosts are Buddhists.
The relationships are very good between everyone and people close to each other’s.
- Mosquito nets, pillows, blankets, and mattresses are provided.
Locatie en vrije tijd
- We live in Thung Krabue Yan Ta Khao District, Trang province which is quite multicultural. We are a mix of Thai-Buddhist, Thai-Muslim, and Thai-Chinese. Therefore, there are various traditions such as Chak Phra Festival – Celebrates the return of Buddha from heaven to earth and to be greeted by multitudes. Celebration takes place every year immediately after the end of 3-month rain retreat, about October. It is celebrated in many parts of southern Thailand. Eid Mubarak Day - is a religious holiday celebrated by Muslims. The Qingming festival - is a traditional Chinese festival.
- Krabue in old Thai language means buffalo, and there were many buffaloes for rice farming in the past. So, it has been called “Thung Krabue” = “buffalo field”. Fisherman also one of a common occupation in Thung Krabue because there is a mangrove river connecting to the sea.
- Most people in our area are either rubber farmers, oil palm farmer or fishermen.
- The weather is the hottest in March-April, from May to September, you will experience more rain.