The volunteers will assist the following activities of RHU:
• Public Medical Health Missions
• Health Awareness Programs and Activities like Seminar for Teenage Pregnancy, Mental Health Awareness, Hygiene and Nutrition Awareness Program
• Community Interaction for Intercultural and non-formal activities
The volunteers will be hosted in a public school classroom with basic facilities. Personal sleeping bags, pillows and or mats are advice to bring. Please take note that our ordinary bathroom doesn’t have shower, we use pail and dipper.
– Going around the community
– Nature lovers have many options to do like; mountain trekking, nature walk, etc.
– Historical and city tour in Cebu City
– Island Hopping, canyoneering and other sea and mountain outdoor adventure related activities
The Municipality of Cordova belongs to Cebu Island of Visayas, with 13 baranggays or communities. 25% of the population are poor and seeks medical attention at Cordova’s Rural Health Unit (RHU). Since there is no hospital facility, it aims to provide Primary Health care needs in specific local villages. As the saying goes “Health is wealth”, this project also aspires to provide medical training seminar for specific local villages in Cordova to be able to have the basic knowledge and understanding of preventive health care or measures taken for disease prevention.
Sleeping bag, flashlight, mosquito repellant, own country’s food delicacies, costume and etc. May also bring any basic medicinal kits or materials used for any demonstrations if you have.