International Participants will provide assistance and undertake the following activities:
• Educational Activities/ Sessions about Organic Farming
• Organic Farming Activities
(Vegetable Planting, Crop Rotation, Making of Compost Pit or Bed, Harvesting)
• Intercultural Exchange or Interaction among participants and the locals
• Community Service Extension Program to local communities for a cause (e.g feeding program, tree planting, clean up drive &etc.)
The volunteers will be accomodated in the school classrooms with basic facilities. Personal sleeping bags, pillows and or mats are advice to bring. Please take note that our ordinary bathroom doesn’t have shower, we use pale and dipper.
– Going around the community
– Nature lovers have many options to do like; mountain trekking, nature walk, etc
– Historical and city tour in Cebu City
– Island Hopping, canyoneering and other sea and mountain outdoor adventure related activities
Cebu Technological University-Cebu City Mountain Satellite Campus (CTU-CCMC) in Babag, Cebu City is an extended campus of Cebu Technological University (CTU). The University is a government run educational institution that is a home to over 180 Filipino students from mostly low income families near the area of Barangay Babag. As a mountain satellite campus, it seeks opportunity to promote quality learning potentials through various academic and extra-curricular activities and enhancement of their natural resources. This project aims to provide assistance in agricultural programs/ activities in the College of Agriculture for a better quality education and to provide intercultural learning opportunity to students, faculty and staff of the University.
Sleeping bag, flashlight, mosquito repellant, own country’s food delicacies, costume and etc. Hand gloves, hiking boots/shoes, trousers.