International participants will undertake the following activities for raising awareness of cultural preservation:
• Coordinate in promoting an activity/event of the culture of Argao
• Workshops for traditional culture preservation and cultural heritage promotion
• Undertake traditional and cultural activity like getting involve in the process of making Arts & Crafts, Traditional food product & etc.
• Intercultural Exchange or Interaction among participants and the locals
The international participants will be accomodated at a local training center of Argao Local Government with a very basic condition. Personal sleeping bags, pillows and or mats are advice to bring. Please take note that our ordinary bathroom does not have hot and cold shower, we use pail and dipper.
– Going around the community
– Nature lovers have many options to do like; mountain trekking, nature walk, etc.
– Historical and city tour in Cebu City
– Island Hopping, canyoneering and other sea and mountain outdoor adventure related activities
The Municipality of Argao is located in the southeast of the province of Cebu. The town is one of the oldest and most interesting towns in the country because of its richness in natural resources, famous home- grown products, existence of oldest historical sites and buildings and its most important wealth, its people. Argao is trying to catch up with the changes of the modern world but at the same time trying to retain its old flavor. Hence, this workcamp will focus on traditional culture preservation and cultural heritage promotion, through series of workshops and cultural understanding activities. This is a special project that would really involve a firsthand experience of Filipino culture and different intercultural learning activities with the local community as it aims to promote their rich culture and people in Argao. This would be an opportunity for both international participants and the locals wherein the former get to familiarize the Filipino culture and the latter being able to know the importance of cultural preservation.
Sleeping bag, flashlight, mosquito repellant, own country’s food delicacies, costume and etc. Sport or art materials