Volunteers along with the local host project coordinator/s will organize the following activities intended for youths:
• Non-Formal Education on basic social issues and voluntary service
• Leadership/Team Bldg. workshops/activities
• Intercultural Exchange with local children and youth
• Selected community extension activities (e.g. feeding program, tree planting, clean up drive, etc.)
The volunteers will be accomodated in the barangay office with basic condition. Personal sleeping bags, pillows and or mats are advice to bring. Please take note that our ordinary bathroom does not have hot and cold shower, we use pail and dipper.
– Going around the community
– Nature lovers have many options to do like; mountain trekking, nature walk, etc.
– Historical and city tour in Cebu City
– Island Hopping, canyoneering and other sea and mountain outdoor adventure related activities
The Municipality of Cordova is situated within Metro Cebu particularly in the Island of Mactan. The Municipality aims to conduct social development programs that will enable people to enjoy life, feel happy, at peace with themselves and demonstrate solidarity to others. As the town has its social programs for the betterment of its people, one of its focus is to cater programs for youth empowerment as we consent to the statement of our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal that “The Youth is the Hope of our Future”. The youth plays a vital role in the society given that they can be a powerful agent of change towards development. Hence, it is important that we mold our youngsters to become better individual and become ambassador of positive world change for a better tomorrow.
Sleeping bag, flashlight, mosquito repellant, own country’s food delicacies, costume and etc. May also bring any sport, art and learning materials for youth if you have.