In Phuc Tue center. volunteers will:
• Take care of children
• Organizing some activities for disabled children.
• Prepare lunch for the children.
• Other tasks depending on the requirements of the centre.
In Fisher Village:
• Helping to repair houses or community work in the village.
• Working in the Eco farm of the village.
Volunteer will be also working with local communication volunteers to update your activities at the project site on SJ Vietnam’s websites and on ICT Life’s online newspaper through reports, pictures, videos,…
The volunteer will stay in the SJV volunteers’ apartment on the 12th floor in a building.
– Volunteer with a stay in a dormitory room with 4-6 people in a room, men, and women are separated.
– The weather is changeable, the temperature is from 32- 35C with high humid.
– Please be ready and enjoy having a simple condition and keep a good manner to use this place (keep clean, etc.)!
*- You can wash your clothes by the washing machine. However, you should prepare your own washing powder.
– If the volunteers arrive early or depart late, we all welcome to all of the volunteers stay in our house for free ( Please confirm 2 weeks before your arrival in Vietnam )
– Transport: Every day, we’ll take bus No.04 to Long Bien (45-50 min.) and then walk to the Fisher village and Phuc Tue center (20-30 min.).
– Internet access, phone: Wi-Fi is available in our house. For the phone, you can buy a Sim-card for your mobile phone with around 100,000 VND and inform your family of your mobile phone number.
Food will be served at the local restaurants, 3 meals per day. Vietnamese food is considered as easy to eat but if you have any special dietary needs please inform us in advance. You can also cook in the house.
You will have free time during the evenings and the weekends to spend as you please. During those free moments you can travel to discover further wonders of Vietnam!
SJ Vietnam is an international youth NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) that promotes values of solidarity, peace and tolerance through youth citizenship projects to improve society during and after the voluntarism. It was set up in 2004 by international and Vietnamese young volunteers. SJ Vietnam is an independent Vietnamese branch of SJ France, a full member of CCVIS (UNESCO) and NVDA, a partner of YAP and Alliance. SJ Vietnam is an independent, non-political and non-religious organization open to everybody without any distinction of nationality, race, education or sex
The total fee is 5,500,000 VND/participant which includes transportation at the project site, food, basic accommodation and materials for the project. The transportation to get to the project site is not included. Volunteers will pay their participation fee directly to SJ Vietnam account at least 2 weeks before their arrival in Vietnam. Volunteers must send a scanned copy of the receipt to SJ Vietnam to inform that they have transferred money. If they want to pay on arrival, they will be charged 300,000 VND more plus the fee. For another way of your payment, please contact your sending organization to confirm us. Participation fee enables SJ Vietnam to take care of the volunteers during their stay and to fund projects. Volunteers’ activities in the evenings or on the weekends are on their own expense
Volunteers should bring: A sleeping bag, prove-water clothes, a raincoat, a mosquito spray, basic pharmacy kit, small gifts from your country if possible, cCraft materials for your project, if possible, electricity adaptor to charge your electricity equipments. In Vietnam the Electricity Voltage is 220V (A.C)