1/ Learning Center Compassion Vietnam Inc (CVI). Address: Binh Chanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2/ Ky Quang Orphanage, Nguyen Oanh Street, Go Vap District
The task is divided into 2 times per day.
In the morning from 8 – 10:30 working at CVI center.
• Teaching English: Volunteers will work together to prepare games, topics, to interact with the children by telling English stories, organizing some mini games or extra activities in English for children in the class, such as: singing, drawing, drama performances, magic shows, ect
• Outside activities for children: take children to the city park and organize the teambuilding activities
• Facilities renovating: Volunteers will play roles in supporting to clean and beautify the classroom, taking care of mini garden where the teachers plant some vegetable to add in their children’s meal-break.
• Help the nurses some heavy work like: carrying the children from the dinning place to their beds.
Volunteer will be also working with local communication volunteers to update your activities at the project site on SJ Vietnam’s websites and on ICT Life’s online newspaper through reports, pictures, videos,…
Volunteers will stay at rental room which will be shared for all the volunteers.
Food will be served at local food stores. Vietnamese food is popular with rice and noodle soup. Let be ready for that.
You will have free time during the evenings and the weekends to spend as you please. During those free moments you can travel to discover further wonders of Vietnam! Located in South Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City is the biggest city of the country with a population of ten million.
From HCM City, it is easy for you to either go down further to the south to discover Mekong area like Can Tho Ciy to see floating market, floating life, or go up further to the North to discover the Central part such as Mui Ne City to enjoy the ocean taste, or you can go to the highland area with surrounding by mountain and drink a cup of local coffee.
To find out more about Ho Chi Minh City, you can refer to:http://www.lonelyplanet.com/vietnam/ho-chi-minh-city.
SJ Vietnam is an international youth NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) that promotes values of solidarity, peace and tolerance through youth citizenship projects to improve society during and after the voluntarism. It was set up in 2004 by international and Vietnamese young volunteers. SJ Vietnam is an independent Vietnamese branch of SJ France, a full member of CCVIS (UNESCO) and NVDA, a partner of YAP and Alliance. SJ Vietnam is an independent, non-political and non-religious organization open to everybody without any distinction of nationality, race, education or sex.
he total fee is 5,500,000 VND/participant which includes transportation at the project site, food, basic accommodation and materials for the project. The transportation to get to the project site is not included. Volunteers will pay their participation fee directly to SJ Vietnam account at least 2 weeks before their arrival in Vietnam. Volunteers must send a scanned copy of the receipt to SJ Vietnam to inform that they have transferred money. If they want to pay on arrival, they will be charged 300,000 VND more plus the fee. For another way of your payment, please contact your sending organization to confirm us. Participation fee enables SJ Vietnam to take care of the volunteers during their stay and to fund projects. Volunteers’ activities in the evenings or on the weekends are on their own expense.
Volunteers should bring:
• Small gifts from your country
• Craft materials for your project, if possible
• Electricity adaptor to charge your electricity equipments. In Vietnam the Electricity Voltage is 220V (A.C)