Roles and tasks of volunteers:
The program will be break into 3 times per day. In the morning and afternoon for outdoor activities. In the evening for inside class activities.
– Organize leisure activities for children, teach Basic English through games, activities, songs…
– Volunteers will organize and run different workshops including: sport, art, music, painting, etc.
– Bring children to the temple, museum, supermarket to help them practice English in real life
– Stand in the class to teach English for children in the evening
– Aside from working with children, the volunteers will be asked to teach English for poor children at Open Class which is facilitated by Youth Union of Tuy Hoa City from 5:00PM to 6:30PM on Tuesday and Thursday every week.
– Working with local communication volunteers to update your activities at the project site on SJ Vietnam’s websites and on ICT Life’s online newspaper through reports, pictures, videos,…
All of volunteers will be divided into smaller groups in order to take care of above-mentioned tasks during the camp. There are also other activities of cultural interaction among the group such as learning foreign languages, introducing cultures,… in the free time
Volunteers will sleep in the Guest House of Phu Yen Education Center with basic and simple accommodation. Meals are served as local food stores. Vietnamese food is considered as easy to eat, our daily food is rice and noodle.
You will have free time during the evenings and the weekends to spend as you please. During those free moments you can travel to discover further wonders of Vietnam!
Free times should be used for inter-cultural and leisure activities of the group. So please come with some ideas of games and entertainment. The group also has chances to self-organize some other activities such going out for coffee, karaoke, smoothies in the evening.
Volunteers will have weekend off, a chance for everyone to travel and take an interesting and relaxing break together. SJV does not cover this cost for you but we can help arrange with ideas and planning details.
SJ Vietnam is an international youth NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) that promotes values of solidarity, peace and tolerance through youth citizenship projects to improve society during and after the voluntarism. It was set up in 2004 by international and Vietnamese young volunteers. SJ Vietnam is an independent Vietnamese branch of SJ France, a full member of CCVIS (UNESCO) and NVDA, a partner of YAP and Alliance. SJ Vietnam is an independent, non-political and non-religious organization open to everybody without any distinction of nationality, race, education or sex.
The total fee is 5,500,000 VND/participant which includes transportation at the project site, food, basic accommodation and materials for the project. The transportation to get to the project site is not included. Volunteers will pay their participation fee directly to SJ Vietnam account at least 2 weeks before their arrival in Vietnam. Volunteers must send a scanned copy of the receipt to SJ Vietnam to inform that they have transferred money. If they want to pay on arrival, they will be charged 300,000 VND more plus the fee. For another way of your payment, please contact your sending organization to confirm us. Participation fee enables SJ Vietnam to take care of the volunteers during their stay and to fund projects. Volunteers’ activities in the evenings or on the weekends are on their own expense.
Volunteers should bring:
• Air mattress (if necessary)
• Mosquito net.
• Some long sleeve shirts, modest clothes to work with children and visit some cultural sites (pagoda, temple, etc)