1. To be introduced to and to learn about:
• Reog Ponorogo dance and the making of its costumes and masks
• Angklung music instrument and how to make it
• Shadow puppets
• Traditional rituals of old Hinduism tradition as part of local cultures in Tulungagung town
• And other local heritage from Tulungagung that has been getting extinct in the modern era
2. To share now how to play musical instruments from between locals and foreigner volunteers
3. To organize a collaborative art and cultural show with volunteers as part of the performers with locals.
House of local people. Volunteers will share together sleeping space separately between females and males. No bed. Need a sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom. Self-cooking by the volunteers. Volunteers will make common rules & daily teams for their collective living group. Water is limited in August-Sept in Tulungagung, be ready for lack of running water.
Tulungagung town with beautiful south coastal beaches.
In collaboration with Komunitas Cahaya Budaya Tulungagung, Kreatif Tulungagung & GREAT of Tulungagung to be heritage ambassadors: promote and preserve Reog Ponorogo through social interaction and integration in tradional art performance.
Strong motivation and interest in art, dance, tradition, and heritage
Be willing to perform collaborative art & culture performance with local people