The tasks that the volunteers will be doing during the project are:
• Build some walls (that support the land) with a traditional technique called pedra seca/dry stone
• Create and recuperate some old paths using wood and borrow
• Plant some trees or medicinal plants
• A general cleaning of the space
• Sharing with the youth migrants and working together
• Taking care about the old people who wants to engage the project
• Participate in some cultural activities with the local people
The volunteers will sleep in a little house called la Casella del Peó 5 minutes walking to the village center. The house has two big bedrooms (with a mattress), a toilet and a shower, with the possibility to use a public shower to (only 5 minutes walking).
The volunteers are the people who will prepare the food, and the food will be mainly vegetarian. There are local gardeners who provide us with the ecological and local food production. The volunteers can go to the little supermarkets of the village to buy the food, and the promotors twice a week can go to the big supermarket.
Resilience Earth is a local coop who believe in social and ecological change. The coop works at local level in different municipalities on their rural region called la Garrotxa, located in the north of Catalonia. The main objective is to build a more resilient and sustainable future.
Resilience Earth works in one municipality called Sant Feliu de Pallerols, with the town council and some local organization to regenerate a piece of land (4 hectares) with using permaculture and bioconstruction techniques. In this project are involved different groups of the region (youth, elders, youth migrants)
People who wants to make a change, people who really wants to work in a cooperative way and people who have or wants to have an open mind & heart!