1. Recovery of the rooms, leaving them ready for the visitor’s access
2. Recovery and cleaning of noble paintings
3. prepare the exhibition hall (carpentries + paintings)
4. Prepare medieval tower.
5. Remove material from the cave
6. Remove flower stoves and leave living stone in front of the hospital.
7. Guided tours: support to the guided visits in case there are visitors to the Castle
8. Recording of audio guides with the different languages from the text in English
It will be from 7 am to 12 pm or 8 am to 1 pm. It will be agreed on with the volunteers based on the weather.
Sleeping: inside the castle with mattresses on the floor.
Showers: outside . There is no boiler for warm water!
Toilets: 2 (no sink).
Electricity: NO electricity will be available in the rooms, the nearest plug is 30 ‘on foot.
Mobile coverage: full availability. Ideal solar chargers for regular daily consumption.
The volunteers will have to prepare the food. A purchase will be made at the beginning of the camp + 2 purchases per week for the fresh things.
You need to bring a backpack, comfortable shoes for walking, plate, spoon, fork, knife (it will be offered a discovery trekking
We want to carry out this volunteer workcamp to support the rehabilitation of the Castle of Requesens and highlight the historical significance of the area.
The local organization makes a big effort to make volunteers involved on the local culture, so there are several activities planned with that goal: cultural tours, visits to natural sites, the first weekend there will a visit to the Jonquera area with the MUME and part of the exile route. On the second weekend – will make a walking route to the beach following the GR-11.
Cantallops is a very small urban nucleus (around 300 inhabitants). It is the last village before going to the Castle site. In Cantallops there is a very active local association that organizes family activities in nature with whom we will make a brotherhood encounter. There are also 2 wineries that will share with us the secrets of making quality wine!