We will have about 20 children (aged 8-11) in the camp who will work in groups with volunteers to accomplish the following:
– Facilitate a cultural exchange between volunteers and local kids in the village.
– Organize different games for children, both fun and educational.
– Do some small community work together with children
– Organize a group trip to the nearby mountains and a camping evening.
The volunteers will be accommodated in a public facility house near the school. Please bring your own sleeping bag. You may need it for camping. Volunteers will have to prepare their own breakfast and dinner. Cold lunch is to be served together with kids. The place has showers and a kitchen.
The village is situated in a hilly area about 100 km north from Bucharest.
This is a fourth consecutive year when we run the project in this village after successful experiences last summers. We are proud of having volunteers who return to our project. The village is situated in a hilly area about 100 km north from Bucharest. Once with a vibrant rural life, the village is changing these days. About a third of the properties are now owned by people from nearby cities who do not actually live there. The number of children dropped dramatically with one of the schools close to its closure. Furthermore, many of the remaining do not seem to plan a bright future there. This project is an initiative of local enthusiasts with the support of local council. It aims to bring the world closer to them somehow, to strengthen their strive to get a good education, give a chance
– Volunteers shall be interested in working with children before all and willing to in harmony in a group of people they do not know yet.
– Smoking and alcohol drinking will be possible only after finishing the program with children.
– During the first day we shall plan activities for the coming days. Depending on availability, we plan to get the volunteers involved in an exchange of ideas and crafting the program prior to arriving at the spot.
– Activities with children will be from 10 am to 4 pm every day except the trip and camping days.