– Continuity to the intervention begun in previous editions, conditioning, recovery and cleaning in one of the areas of the Roman Circus of Toledo.
– Recovery and maintenance for the conservation of the Roman remains, unique, located in an urban environment of the city of Toledo, which require voluntary intervention to put this place back in value.
– Cleaning of the necropolis, collection of urban waste and dry vegetation to prevent the deterioration of this place.
– Cleaning works in the area of walls and arches of the Circo Roman Park, reorganization of the fallen stones of the walls for their subsequent reimplantation.
– Encourage and educate the participants the respect and interest to preserve places of historical-cultural interest, valuing the importance of voluntary intervention.
Youth Hostel San Servando, inside San Servando Castle, Tel: 0034925224554
The facility has 96 beds in rooms fully equipped. Besides dining, kitchen, bar, cafeteria, TV rooms, meeting rooms, pool and locker rooms, sports courts, gardens, bathrooms, toilets, showers and hot water.
The city of Toledo is the capital of the Autonomous Community of Castilla-La Mancha. It has numerous places of historical-artistic interest, being declared a World Heritage Site since 1987 because it has a unique and extensive artistic-monumental complex.
Toledo stands as a tolerant city that understood to be chosen by different peoples that lived and learned to respect his footsteps preserving still important and well-preserved footprints, that have given the nickname of City of the Three Cultures. The Toledo legends, telling the traveler that there are a hundred toledos to enjoy : the Greco, the night, the artisan, the Jew, the literary … the city invites you to stay and savor with calm frame of your past, your present modernity , which offers us many possibilities to spend more than a day … and still want to return.
COMPLEMENTARY ACTIVITIES – LEISURE ACTIVITIES:
– Excursions: San Pablo de los Montes (multi-adventure and hiking).
– Visits: guided tours within the Unknown Heritage program of the Toledo Consortium Mezquita and Pozo del Salvador; Church of San Sebastian; and Baths of the Tenerias; Roman remains in the city; First Cathedral; Army Museum; Guided tour of the city (Doors and Walls of Toledo, entrance to Puerta Bisagra towers); guided tour to El Greco Museum and Sephardic Museum; Cristo de la Luz Mosque; Visit San Roman Tower, Church Sto. Domingo el Real; visit San Clemente Convent Chapter Hall; Tourist route Baths of Angel and Islamic Salons of the Doncellas Shed.
– Workshops: Felt veneer workshop; Body wraps workshop, taught by a physiotherapist; Manchego Confectionery Workshop; Eco-jewelry workshop with origami; Tattoo shop body art; Workshop of Latin rhythms; Yoga Workshop; Massage and relaxation workshop; Dance of the World Workshop;
– Other activities: water activities (water volleyball, aquatic zumba, water polo, aquatic baskets, aquaggy, aquaculture …); Gymkhana photographic and orientation mobile QR code; hiking route; climbing and rappelling; Gastronomic contest, live cooking of the different regions of the participants in the field of volunteering; Archery, Evening evenings.
These complementary activities may suffer some modification for organizational needs.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like voluntary / voluntary acceptance the following commitment, by means of the signature) at the foot of the same:
1. To develop disinterestedly the tasks during the hours stipulated in the project during five days to the week.
2. To collaborate in the development of the programming of the activities of animation and to take part in the same ones.
3. To contribute to the general organization of the activity in the own tasks of the same one (cleanliness, kitchen, etc).
4. To respect the different beliefs, ideologies and personal differences, of all participants of the workcamp.
5. To join to the beginning of the activity, not leaving it until the end.
6. To respect the own procedure of interior schedule and of living together in each activity, which will be among others:
– Persons in charge of the activity Accept the indications of them.
– Fulfillment of the schedules in general.
– Particular vehicles will not be in use.
The breach of the established procedure can result in the exclusion from the work amp.
** THE PLACES OFFERED IN THIS FIELD FOR THE YOUNG INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS WHICH ARE NOT OCCUPIED WITHIN THE ESTABLISHED PERIOD WILL BE OFFERED TO THE YOUNG SPANISH VOLUNTEERS.