Work camp about the protection, recovery of the intangible heritage and preservation of the ethnographic asset of A Neveira.
– Consolidate and/or rebuild some of the wall elements discovered in 2015 and 2016, and continue with the ones that underwent works in 2016.
– Use an anthropological method to document the site and its relation with the Royal Way of A Carba.
– Gather information on the places names of the surroundings using a philological method.
– Spread the Galician culture through the work done, with specific and scientifically endorsed information.
– Raise awareness and educate locals and visitors, especially young people, in order to ensure a long term appraisal of natural and cultural heritage to its adequate preservation.
– Prove the increasing social demand about this heritage.
– Enhance the natural and touristic resources of Xermade.
– Produce an identity mark for locals and neighbours in Xermade. Make them feel their heritage with pride due to its contribution to history and make it a symbol of the connection between past and present.
CEIP de Xermade.
Avda. Pontes, S/N 27833 Xermade (Lugo).
There will be round trips every day up to the site of the activity.
As for the meals breakfast, lunch and dinner will be held in the same facilities.
– Craft workshops with the craftsmen of the region, mainly wood turners, Galician music…
– Sports activities in the Sports Centre, football field.
– Leisure activities in the river beach and the lake of As Pontes.
– Trekking routes.
– Traditional festivals.
– Visit the Roman wall of the city of Lugo.
– Excursion to the Beach of Las Catedrales in Ribadeo.
– Visit to the Castro de Viladonga in Castro de Rei.
The General Direction for Youth, Participation and Volunteering has among its powers to promote work camps in the region of Galicia. This general direction belongs to the Ministry of Social Policy of the regional government of Galicia (www.xunta.gal).