– Set up the building where wolves were once hunted. Knowing and understanding our past will help the conservation of the wolf nowadays.
– Rebuilt the old constructions of shepherd, which serves as a refuge for the shepherd and shelter for cattle while they are used to grazing in that area. Participants will meet a pastor who still continues to practice this ancestral technique transmitted from generation to generation and, by small groups, participate in a pastoral journey to learn about this traditional first-hand practice.
– Intervention in a mountain burned by forest fires. We will reforest with native plant species an area affected by fire using the method of Nendo Dango.
– Recovery of historical and ethnographic memory. Interviews with the old workers of Papelera Espanola SA to collect information on the conditions of how it worked when the lands belonged to an industry that produced paper pulp.
Work to be carried out in the Invernadeiro Natural Park.
– Rios Project:
We will analyze macroinvertebrates.
We will focus on the shores with bio-construction structures.
We will prepare trough for birds.
We will build refuges for amphibians.
– Inventory of fauna in the Natural Park:
Wildlife survey. Study of the signs of fauna in the paths in the Natural Park.
Development of a wildlife inventory.
Accommodation will be in Vilarino Hostel and the hostel is located in the Natural Park of Invernadeiro. Address: R/ Souto, s/n – near IES de Vilarino de Conso.
Food to prepare daily menus.
– Visit and bath at Vilarino de Conso fluvial beach.
– Visit the glacier moraine and the Cenza waterfall.
– Bread workshop in a communal oven.
– Night orientation game.
– Environmental workshops.
– RPG Games.
– Dynamics of environmental education.
– Visit to the Natural Park of the Invernadeiro where they will spend three days (two nights). The activities that will be carried out include: interpreted paths, wildlife sighting, bird watching, environmental education dynamics, night activity to observe amphibians, star watching.
– Visit to the ethnographic museum of Vilarino de Conso. Tools and objects of the house or trades, that help us understand how our ancestors lived in harmony of the rural environment. To preserve and know these objects from the past, it is important to understand where we came from and take samples to focus on the present and the future, to take perspective.
The General Direction for Youth, Participation and Volunteering has among its powers to promote work camps in the region of Galicia. This general direction belongs to the Ministry of Social Policy of the regional government of Galicia (www.xunta.gal).
It is necessary to bring a sleeping bag and toilet towels.