Preservation and recovery of the forests surrounding the river Eume (recovery of plants and native trees, clearing, helping with the prevention of forest fires)
– Cleaning and clearing of an area within the forest of Vilarbo.
– Planting and watering of trees.
– Cleaning of the riversides of river Eume.
– Clearing of the surroundings of the facilities.
– Cleaning and maintenance of the Camp (bathrooms, dining room, kitchen…).
– Treatment of the wood of the bungalows.
The volunteers will be accommodated in the Vilarbo Camp. Vilarbo is located 8 km from the municipality of As Pontes de Garcia Rodriguez (A Coruna), in the shire of Ferrol. Vilarbo has permanent facilities (kitchen, dining room, bathrooms, showers, camp site, bungalows).
Excursions to Cedeira, Betanzos, Pontedume…
Sport activities (paintball, trekking, canoeing, swimming, archery…).
Craft workshop, environmental workshop, entertainment.
The General Direction for Youth, Participation and Volunteering has among its powers to promote work camps in the region of Galicia. This general direction belongs to the Ministry of Social Policy of the regional government of Galicia (www.xunta.gal).