Stand up for green heritage of the Frayse domain, an exceptional natural site close to Bordeaux!
The workcamp’s themes will be about the organization and the environment of the Frayse surroundings (www.domaine-de-la-frayse.fr). The purpose is to support the connection between participants and residents, as well as potential school groups. This site is open to the public throughout the whole year. UFCV team, a long-standing partner association, will integrate you easily to the program.
You will participate in the renovation of an educational walking trail in the area. The tasks include clearing the path, constructing signs and establishing boundary markers. The aim is to create a playful and also educational way to acquaint visitors with nature by following the path.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
The participants will be accommodated at the Frayse domain, in the castle and it is also possible to stay in a tent individually. You will have the chance to experience collective lifestyle, work together on different tasks for example preparing the meals. With the budget assigned to the group, the participants will buy healthy, local products.
Locatie en vrije tijd
Fargues-Saint-Hilaire is located in the Entre-Deux-Mers region, just outside of Bordeaux, close to Arcachon Bay. The region is famous for its vineyards, beautiful castles, abbeys, churches and the landscape from Garonne to Dordogne.
The participants will have the possibility to walk around Bordeaux (UNESCO world heritage site) and to go to the Dune of Pilat, a unique landscape of pine forest, sand dune and ocean. Enjoy your free time and discover this famous region together.
Participants have to bring a warm sleeping bag, working clothes, sport shoes, clothes for cold and rainy weather, flashlight and swimsuit. Do not hesitate to bring your musical instruments, recipes, games or specialties from your country so everyone can discover them.
Citizens of the European Union must bring their EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) and all participants, without exception must bring their insurance certificate. In case of medical care volunteers have to pay the cost but will be reimbursed once back in their home country.
This project is supported by the program European Solidarity Corps for young people between 18 and 30 years. It is open to all volunteers that fit the ESC criteria.
The participation to the ESC volunteering teams is subjects to several principles and conditions, presented on the ESC webpage: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/mission_en
• volunteers do not have to pay any fee (not sending, nor participation fee) to attend the project;
• volunteers need to enrol in the PASS, the European Solidarity Corps Portal ; Concordia France will organize their matching, on the online system, with the volunteering project;
• volunteers will receive pocket money, calculated on basis of 6€/day, once they arrive on the project in France;
• volunteers will receive a financial support for their travel, according to a maximum amount established in accordance with their travel distance and upon the presentation of original tickets;
• volunteers will have to complete a participation report, submitted online through the portal.