*** VERSION EN FRANCAIS DISPONIBLE EN FIN DE DESCRIPTION ***
*** French version at the end of the description ***
Join an association in its local living space project!
Concordia welcomes this workcamp within its space, and wishes to strengthen its links with the local community. By initiating changes in the regional office space (www.concordia.fr/aquitaine), the European volunteers living there each year will see their living space transformed and embellished.
You will participate in the interior renovation of the European Volunteers House, with a restructuring of the living space. You will also do some work in the garden. You will start the actions that will be continued in the second session in September.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
You will be accommodated in the commune, where you will sleep in tents. You will have at your disposal a room for cooking and the collective life. You will share the different community life group tasks and prepare meals together, to experience group life! With the allocated budget, you will participate in the shopping by favouring healthy and local products.
Locatie en vrije tijd
Saint-Caprais-de-Bordeaux is located in the Entre-Deux-Mers region, close to Bordeaux, and close to the Bay of Arcachon. The region offers you the opportunity to discover its vineyards, its remarkable castles, abbeys and churches, and its hilly relief between the Garonne and the Dordogne rivers.
If you wish, you can discover the Bordeaux region through numerous walks, the city classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or go to the Dune du Pilat, a unique landscape. Make the most of your free time to discover this region together!
Bring a sleeping bag, working clothes, sports shoes, warm and rain gear, a flashlight, a bathing suit and sunscreen. Don't hesitate to bring your musical instruments, recipes, games or specialties from your country so that everyone can discover them.
Citizens of the European Union must bring their EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) and all participants, without exception must bring their insurance certificate. In case of medical care volunteers have to pay the cost but will be reimbursed once back in their home country.
This project is supported by the program European Solidarity Corps for young people between 18 and 30 years. It is open to all volunteers that fit the ESC criteria.
The participation to the ESC volunteering teams is subjects to several principles and conditions, presented on the ESC webpage: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/mission_en
• volunteers do not have to pay any fee (not sending, nor participation fee) to attend the project;
• volunteers need to enrol in the PASS, the European Solidarity Corps Portal; Concordia France will organize their matching, on the online system, with the volunteering project;
• volunteers will receive pocket money, calculated on basis of 6€/day, once they arrive on the project in France;
• volunteers will receive a financial support for their travel, according to a maximum amount established in accordance with their travel distance and upon the presentation of original tickets;
• volunteers will have to complete a participation report, submitted online through the portal.
*** RETROUVEZ NOS DESCRIPTIFS EN FRANCAIS ICI: ***
*** French version here: ***