The people of this place would like to advance on different projects with the group of volunteers and with neighbors who would join the team during this period:
- The carpentry workshop: for the moment it is a simple old hangar. The idea is to build wooden walls, straw and earth-straw and redo the roof. Natural materials are preferred.
- Welcoming migrants: residents have just obtained a small prefabricated building to give their passing friends a more comfortable place. But it still needs to be properly insulated, finished fitting it out, fitting out the surroundings in anticipation of winter days. Here too, wood, straw and recovery are favored.
- Collaboration with the Collectif S13: participation in the reception activities of migrants of the Collectif: preparation of meals ... Meeting of citizens inverted in the collective, sharing of experiences ...
- The organization of a festive moment in the summer: this place is also animated by festive moments, meetings, musical exchanges with friends, families, people from the neighborhood ... In order to end the work in a good mood with international volunteers, the locals want to organize a party. The volunteers will help to arrange the spaces, to set up the bar, the sound system, to decorate the place ... And then to party :-)
Participation in the life of the Grouped Habitat: vegetable patch, site maintenance. Evenings and weekends will be free.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
Volunteers will stay in a prefabricated module or in a tent, depending on the weather. Mattresses (and tents) will be available on site. The showers and the toilet will be outside.
Take your sleeping bag. Please note, nights can be very cool in Belgium.
The collective kitchen will be available for the volunteers and they will prepare their meals themselves. Possibility of vegetarian food. The group will have access to the collective vegetable garden.
Locatie en vrije tijd
The housing project is located in Ham sur Sambre, in the commune of Jemeppe sur Sambre, in the region of lower Sambre, in the province of Namur. This small town is located between Namur and Charleroi.
We encourage all our volunteers to prefer “eco friendly transportation” to come on their volunteering project. So think twice and come by bike or hitchhike until your project! Do not hesitate to have look on bus companies, car sharing companies or trains.
* We encourage volunteers who come by plane to offset the carbon emissions of their flight. For example via http://www.greentripper.org
This is a project for volunteers sensitive to the environment and green building techniques, interested in the theme of sustainable development. An interest in activities with migrants is also required.
Manual labor can be physically heavy. Bring good shoes and suitable work clothing as well as waterproof clothing in case of rain. If you have a musical instrument, it is more than welcome!
A motivation letter linked to the project is requested.