Main purpose of the workcamp will be in relation to COCA’s annual Harvest Party on 24th and 25th July. The Harvest Party is the most exciting event of the year for COCA as it is a chance to bring people from the community to the farm for food, drink and music, and for COCA’s members to come together to celebrate the season and have a great time. There will be live music, food from the BBQ and cob oven and drink from local suppliers.
- The volunteers will help out before, during and after the party. This will include making posters, fliers and signs for advertisement, promoting the event, helping to plan and organise, making decorations, and ensuring the party runs smoothly and everyone has an amazing time. Your creativity and ideas are very welcome!
- The volunteers will also be working in the fields and polytunnels. They will be sowing, planting, weeding and harvesting vegetables and salads.
- The volunteers will learn and develop skills in the growing of organic vegetables and salads in a sustainable way as part of a community initiative
- The volunteers will take a very active role in the festival preparations, including event administration, decorating the venue, promoting and publicising and preparing food.
- The volunteers will also be helping out with general farm work, including weeding and planting a wide variety of vegetables and salads. Volunteers will be able learn about community supported agriculture, and develop horticultural skills.
- This is also a great opportunity to gain experience in event management, and volunteers will have the chance to be very creative.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
Volunteers will live in one of the farm buildings or one of the mobile homes (caravans) or in tents (depending on weather and availability)
- Volunteers have access to a simple bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet.
- There is limited internet access and phone reception on the farm site.
- Please bring a good sleeping bag with you!
- A small community kitchen is available and food can be cooked on a gas hob cooker. A washing machine is available.
- The group will cook together using produce from the farm whenever possible. Some food will also come from surplus food donations which is a part of COCA's ethic to live in a sustainable way and avoids waste wherever possible.
Locatie en vrije tijd
Caerhys is located in Pembrokeshire, a beautiful national park area situated on the coast of West Wales. The farm is in a magnificent location overlooking Abereiddi Bay.
There are lots of activities available including walking the Welsh Coastal path, water sports such as kayaking, surfing and coasteering, as well as rock climbing and fishing.
Despite being small the area is a very popular tourist destination thanks to its natural beauty and vibrant culture.