IN THE COAST.- The group will clean the beach; pick up the garbage that comes to the beach carried by the wind and marine currents. In addition, raise awareness about the impact of garbage in the community.
IN THE RESERVE.- To do water basin conservation in the Reserve and help in the maintenance of the paths. Participants will learn and help to plant an orchard. We also will support in the renovation of the rooms for the volunteers.
- To help in the cleaning of beaches and towns.
- To help in the environmental awareness activities with the community.
- To help in cleaning paths in the forest.
- To help in planting trees.
- To help with maintenance work.
Accommodatie en maaltijden
Accommodation is modest at the beach, food will be provided by people from the community.
There are basic services like current water, energy but there is no phone signal or internet.
In the reserve, the accommodation is comfortable; there is no current water, nor internet or phone signal.
It is a good opportunity to disconnect yourself from the daily life and relax in a friendly and intercultural environment.
Locatie en vrije tijd
The community of Ligüiqui is located in a small town of 350 people approximately, their main activity used to be fishing but nowadays they live from tourism. This little town is located close to the natural reserve of Pacoche and a protected marine area; it is a very important place for archeology.
In Quito is possible to make a visit to the old city.
- To be able to adapt to a modest accomodation
- To be able to adapt to live in the forest with no communications and internet.
- To be able to do physical work.
- To have contact with soil and get dirty.
This program is dedicated to true nature lovers who want to contribute to one of the biggest problems of our environment and society.
Our main objective is the protection and conservation of two different ecosystems: the coast and the cloudy forest.