Le Quartier des Générations wants to revitalize its site. Volunteers will do landscaping and build various equipment to improve the available services and activities. They will also participate in many social events alongside the elderly, where volunteers and participants can share life stories.
• Construction of a winter hiking trail
• Holding SKI outdoor social activities (adapted for wheelchairs) with the elders of the Quartier des Générations
• Preparation of seedlings for the garden in preparation for spring
• Indoor social activities with seniors
• Preparation and participation in the 2020 winter wonderland
• Provides computer support to seniors to break isolation
Volunteers will be sleeping in a brand new community room. They will have access to a cafeteria on week days but will have to cook their own meals on weekends. They will have access to Wi-Fi.
The Ahuntsic neighbourhood in the north of Montreal is not only urban but also peaceful. Bordered by the Rivière des Prairies, it has many attractions such as the magnificent Île-de-la-Visitation Nature Park and the Promenade Fleury, which attract outdoor enthusiasts as well as gourmets. Located about ten kilometres from downtown, Ahuntsic is one of Montreal’s hidden treasures.
Quartier des Générations is located 10 km of the downtown.
Le Quartier des Générations is an innovative and community-oriented seniors’ residence. It allows people from different generations to meet thanks to its collective spaces, unifying activities and different housing types. With its unique approach, the organization wants to inspire other senior living environments across Quebec.
*** PLEASE DON’T BUY YOUR FLIGHT TICKETS BEFORE GETTING YOUR VISA AND WORK PERMIT CONFIRMED ***